BlawkHawk Security Services Inc.’s personnel, along with others in the security industry, are trained, screened, and developed by the American Security Officers Academy, an independent security guard training company that is a sister company to BlackHawk Security Services Inc.
American Security Officers Academy
American Security Officers Academy was formed in 1993 by Mr. James Black Jr, a long time security expert and owner/founder of BlackHawk Security Services Inc.
In an ongoing effort to provide to meet the constantly changing needs of the business environment BlackHawk Security Services Inc, and American Security Officers Academy work together, hand in hand, to ensure that our security professionals, monitors, commission and non-commissioned officers are among the best trained and educated in the industry.
The Role of the Security Officer
The main task assigned to a security officer is the protection of their client’s assets and other interests. In some instances security guards are faced with important decision which can involve arresting an individual, utilizing the services of local law enforcement, or, in some cases, whether or not to use deadly force.
The security professionals of BlackHawk Security Services Inc. are well trained in situational awareness, guidelines and protocols of engagement, and are well aware of how their actions may positively or negatively affect their client, their client’s assets, and/or the public at large.
Security Guard Training Course Overview
- Firing Range
- Powers & Authority
- Criminal Laws vs. Civil Laws
- Use of Force
- Protection of Persons
- Protection of Property
- Penal Codes
All training classes include Level I, II, III and VI courses in addition to investigation training.
- Lecture: Pre-Range Firearm Training
- Firearm Training and Range Qualifications
- Authority To Arrest Under Texas Law
- Physical Security Controls
- Interviews & Investigations
- Field Notes & Report Writing
- Addressing Bomb Threats
- Career and Professional Development
- Security as a Service Organization
- Public and Community Relations
- Defense Tactics
- Parking Lot Safety
- Violence in the Workplace
- Biological/Chemical Mail Threat Response
- Introduction to the Act and Board Rules
- Introduction to Patrol Procedures
- Narcotics and Alcohol
- Personal Protection (Body Guard)
- Private Investigations
- Hospital Security
- Hospital Vulnerabilities
- Business Office
- Dietary Services
- Pharmacy/Controlled Drugs
- Security in the Nursing Units
- Ancillary Services
- Hospital Safety
- Hospital Organization
- Handling the Disturbed Patient, Visitor or Employee
- Infant Security
For more information, or to inquire about enrollment into the academy, call our New Orleans, LA office at 504-827-5408.